It’s about that time of year when we’ve all had enough of the cold stuff, whether it be windy, snowy or just plain coldddd. This Blueberry Granola Crisp is our fix for beating the winter blues!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
-1 to 2 cups Granola (We used Jessica’s Natural Foods Vanilla Maple Granola from our Breakfast Club Foodie Box) P.S. Her Granola has Certified GF oats!!
-3 cups frozen blueberries
-1 tsp corn starch (can substitute arrow root powder)
-2 tbsp water
-1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
-1 tsp vanilla
-pinch or two of salt
-lemon zest (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until dissolved.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla and salt to the mixture and combine.
- Put the blueberries in a large bowl and pour the mixture over them, stirring until well blended.
- Spoon blueberries into 4 ramekins (or a smaller baking dish)
- Top with granola and bake for about 25-30 minutes until blueberries are bubbling and granola is browned.
- Add grated lemon to the tops and let sit for 5 minutes.